5 Simple Tips to Decorating | The Powell Buehler Group | Our Personal Home 😊🏠
This room had been bugging me for a while. It is the first thing you see when you walk into our house. I wanted it to feel warm and inviting. Swipe to see what it looked like when we bought our house.
I’ve been looking at decor inspo for this room on instagram for a while now because I couldn’t decide what to do with this space.
And I have to say….more then anything it’s made me feel inadequate and stressed out! Does this happen to you?
It almost makes you want to give up because everything is picture perfect and you don’t know where to start. So I deleted all the screenshots in my phone, asked my mom to help (because @tinamarie_powell_ is the best), and just picked things that made me happy. Also, reminding myself that nothing is permanent, you can always change it!
If you have a room you want to redo, here are 5 easy action steps to drop the stress and just get started:
1. Pick your colors first. A neutral palette is great to start with then add a few accent colors.
2. Buy your larger pieces of art work to start and decorated around them. They will set the vibe of the room.
3. Pillows, throw blankets, fresh towels in bathrooms, and plants tie a look together!
4. Different textures add dimension like glass, wicker trays or baskets, velvet or textured pillows.
5. Don’t over think it, just do it!
And by no means is this room for everyone, but I love it and that’s all that matters! (Oh and @craig.buehler does too 😉).
Can anyone spot the pumpkin?! September is 3 days away so I couldn’t resist! 🎃